There are little things in life that make me as deliriously happy as the smell of something chocolaty rising to the occasion in my oven! Oh, sweet joy! The smell of freshly baked chocolate goods is enough to send me over the moon and back.
I made these on a Saturday morning for tea time. The gooeyness of the melty chocolate are the perfect companion to a freshly brewed cuppa. My family dug in very well into these and left none for later! Compliments to the chef I suppose…
Now tell me that you wouldn’t love these muffins for breakfast. Just look at all that melty chocolate chips!
I baked these muffins in a jumbo muffin cake tin. Who said that size doesn’t matter? It sure makes these muffins more fun.
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 10 ml baking powder
- 2.5ml baking soda
- 2 tablespoons quality cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup castor sugar
- 1 cup good quality chocolate chips, some more to sprinkle on top.
- 1 cup of buttermilk
- 25 ml good quality instant coffee
- 90 ml sunflower oil
- 1 teaspoon of glycerin (optional)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius
- Grease a jumbo muffin pan.
- Place the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa powder, castor sugar, coffee, and chocolate chips into a mixing bowl and mix well.
- In a separate mixing bowl beat together the rest of the liquid ingredients.
- Mix the liquids into the dry ingredients.
- Spoon into the muffin tins.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Do skewer test if you are unsure whether they are done.
This recipe makes six delicious jumbo muffins.