So eating healthy does not need to be a drag. Throwing this healthy salad together for lunch will take you less than twenty minutes and will prevent the late afternoon slump from getting hold of you. Both my teenagers seemed to be impressed with this tasty ensamble as a post-exam filler.
1 Tbsp garlic infused avocado oil
one chicken breast butterflied
salt and pepper
1/2 an avocado pear
1 cup of torn lettuce
1/2 cup of dried cranberries
1/2 cup of walnuts
1/2 a cup of olive oil
1/2 a cup of balsamic vinegar
1 Tbsp honey
juice of one lemon
1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
a pinch of salt
- Heat the avocado oil in a heavy based frying pan.
- Season the chicken breast with salt and pepper.
- Fry the chicken breast in the oil for about 3 minutes on each side untill the chicken breast is cooked through.
- Add all the ingredients for the salad dressing in a glass jar and shake well with a closed lid.
- Add the lettuce as a base for the salad on a plate.
- Slice both the pear and the avocado pear in thin slices and arrange on the lettuce together with the chicken breast, wall nuts and dried cranberries.
- Drizzle with the salad dressing and save the rest of the dressing left over for another salad for later.
- Season with salt and pepper to your preference.