I really love a slow Saturday morning where I could sleep in for a bit, maybe go for a run and just tinker about in my kitchen. These pancakes are the ideal Saturday morning healthy, comfort food. They are fluffy and comforting with just the right amount of sweet, yet they are filling enough to sustain your energy levels for quite a few hours. But wait! The best part is, you just blend all the ingredients together in a blender. No hours of washing various baking tools! I just usually add a bit of dishwashing liquid with a cup of warm water to my blender jug and press the pulse button a few times, and then rinse it out. See! A healthy breakfast with little dishes is totally possible.
These pancakes are naturally gluten-free. But do yourself a favor and make sure from the packaging of your oats that it is not contaminated in a factory that handles gluten-filled products. If you want to, you could also make it dairy-free by substituting regular cow’s milk for unsweetened almond milk. They also contain no extra added sugar as the ripe bananas are naturally sweet, making them a good breakfast choice for both kids and grown-ups.
This takes about: 20 min (10 min to prep and 10 to cook). Serves: 4 people or 2 teenagers. Ridiculously easy to make.
You will need:
- 3 cups regular oats
- 4 medium very ripe bananas (the riper, the sweeter)
- 4 large organic free-range eggs
- 1 cup of low fat cow’s milk or almond milk
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- :2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- a large pinch of salt
- a pinch of nutmeg
- vegetable oil to cook
- fruit and honey or maple syrup to top the pancakes with
- Place the oats into a high powered blender and grind the oats down to a fine flour.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and blend until smooth
- Lightly coat a griddle pan with the vegetable oil and heat over medium heat.
- Add large spoons full of batter to the griddle and flip the pancakes over once bubbles start to form on the top. Cook until golden on both sides
- Remove from the griddle and serve hot with all your favorite toppings.