Só, after this winter I decided to take the next sixty days to adopt healthier habits, to take my health back one day at a time. This includes exercising most days and starting each day with a breakfast that is rich in micro nutrients. This blueberry and banana smoothie bowl meets the exact criteria. The great thing is that it actually tastes just like blueberry ice-cream. This is like Summer in a bowl. I love to just take my time savouring each spoonful packed with amazing anti-oxidants and cancer-fighting benefits. This smoothie bowl leaves me so satisfied, I don’t need another snack until lunch time. I like to add extra nuts and granola as a topping for extra crunch and texture.
Why are blueberries good for you?
Blueberries contain the following vitamins and minerals:
- Vitamin K1: This vitamin assists with healthy blood clotting and is also beneficial for bone health.
- Vitamin C: Vitamin C is an important anti-oxidant that assists in skin health and immune function.
- Manganese: An important mineral that assists carboydrate metabolism.
Bueberries further contains small amounts of vitamin E and B6, are extremely rich in antioxidants and they contribute to heart health, brain health and blood sugar control.
Takes: Less than 5 minutes to assemble. Serves 1 Very easy.
You will need:
- 1 frozen banana (not too ripe)
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/4 cup light coconut milk
- A powerful blender
- Fresh fruit, toasted nuts (I used almonds) and/or granola to top your smoothie bowl with.
How to make:
- Place all of the above ingredients in a blender and blend until it reaches an ice-cream-like consistancy.
- Scoop the mixture into a breakfast bowl and top with your choice of fresh fruit, granola and/or toasted nuts.
If you enjoyed this post please let me know by liking it and leaving a comment.