If you want to taste the best carrot cake ever, you should seriously make this recipe. This carrot cake is moist and dense with a little crunchiness from the almond flakes. And, to crown it all, it has sweet and creamy cream cheese icing on top.
The recipe that I have used comes from a good friend of mine, Tronel. Tronel used to bake this awesome carrot cake for the tea garden that she owned and operated. I am delighted that she graciously agreed that I may share her recipe with you. I honestly have never eaten a better carrot cake than this one. In addition, the recipe is not too labor-intensive either. It is therefore really a keeper, so bookmark this one for later.
The tinned pineapple in this cake makes it unbelievably moist. This cake comes together beautifully as a delectable treat filled with carrots, spices, coconut, and nuts. Oh yes, remember to toast your almonds if you are going to decorate with them, as that adds another depth of flavor to the cake. Since I really like coconut, I chose to use it to decorate the inner circle of the cake, and then surrounded it with the almonds.
Can I freeze the carrot cake?
Yes, you can, I would, however, suggest that you only apply the cream cheese frosting after it has been defrosted again.
Can I make this carrot cake ahead of time?
Yes, but make sure that you store it n an airtight container in the refrigerator. The cake will last for several days if you want to make it in advance for a party
Can I use desiccated coconut
Yes, you can most definitely.
Can I bake this carrot cake in a bunt cake tin?
This cake can be baked in tins fit to make a layered cake or a bunt cake tin like I did. As a finishing decorative touch, I filled the hole in the center with some fresh flowers.
If you enjoyed this post, you might also enjoy:
Best carrot cake ever
- Electric beater
- 4 Eggs
- 300 ml Vegetable oil
- 375 ml sugar
- 5 ml almond essence
- 10 ml vanilla essence
- 500 ml cake flour
- 5 ml salt
- 7 ml cinnamon powder
- 7 ml bicarbonate of soda
- 500 g grated carrots
- 1 00 g flaked almonds
- 227 g pineapple crush
- 250 ml desiccated coconut
Cream cheese Frosting
- 1 tub cream cheese
- 113 g butter
- 450 g icing sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180° C and spray a bunt tin cake with non-stick spray.
- Beat the eggs, vegetable oil, sugar, almond essence, and vanilla essence until light and fluffy.
- Sieve the following items together 3 times: flour, salt, cinnamon, bicarbonate of soda.
- Mix the carrots, pineapple, flaked almonds, and desiccated coconut together in a separate bowl.
- Add the flour mixture and the carrot mixture to the egg mixture and mix very well with an electric beater.
- Add the mixture to the cake tin and bake for 1 hour.
Cream cheese frosting
- Mix all the ingredients for the frosting in a mixing bowl.
- Spread evenly over the cake and decorate with almonds that have been toasted over dry heat in a pan and desiccated coconut.
If you enjoyed this post please like and share. I would also love to hear from you in the comments section.